Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2014

SiNuS SuRgErY

Surgery went well and feel about as well as expected. 
Brady took me to my surgery on Friday and I had him leave a little early because of the fog.  There was a surgery cancellation because of the fog and so I was able to go in sooner than planned.   Brady took care of me until Crickett got home and Crickett canceled his trip  to Kenosha this weekend to stay home with me.  I guess they wanted to make sure I was okay.  Unless I looked that bad, I don't know.
Even though I talked to several people about the surgery itself and went online and researched it I feel like I had no idea what to expect. 
At this time it is impossible to breath through my nose.  I started the irrigation yesterday.  I can not say it is a fun thing to do but it is giving me the ability to breath through my nasal more.  Coughing up bloody gross stuff is gross and disgusting.  But again I think this is clearing the nasal packing.
Eating is not the easiest.  My mouth is dry (salty cracker can not dissolve in my mouth) and it is hard to chew and breath at the same time. My throat is very sore.  Not sure if it is because of only breathing through my mouth for so long and dryness or the breathing tube from surgery. 
I have not slept well because of the breathing and so I just sleep 20-30 minutes here and there throughout the day and night. 
I can not imagine what it would be like if I would have had both surgeries done on Friday like the podiatrist suggested.  I am thankful at this time that I did not have them both done on the same day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment