Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

cOnFeTTi EggS (Mucha Diversion)


Confetti Eggs are fun anytime but we started doing it during Easter.  Years ago when we were in San Antonio during the Mexican Fiesta we discovered the confetti eggs.  I am not sure this is actually what they call them but that is what I have named them.

Around January I start to save eggs when I use them in baking and frying eggs.  Crickett and I also start to have scrambled eggs or omelets almost every Saturday.  I crack the top of the egg with a sharp knife.  I then take that same knife and poke the yolk and maneuver the egg out of the shell.


I clean the egg shell very well.  I use soap and water and let dry.  When they are dry I store them until closer to Easter.

Here is what you need:
Glue
Water 
A container to mix half water, half glue.
Tissue paper (white or colored)
Easter Egg color kit
Confetti

Something else I save is confetti things.  I shred paper and cut it up smaller as well.  This year I have also started to save egg shells to crush and use as confetti.  This is a more biodegradable product.  


I add the confetti before I color the shells.  Someone asked me why don't I color the eggs first, but I have not tried that way yet.  



With the 1/2 glue, 1/2 water mixture I add the tissue paper to the top of the egg.  I just use my finger to paint on the glue mixture and smooth out the tissue paper.



Color the eggs.  The do not sink well with the tissue paper on and the confetti in the shells.  I normally have to hold them down.  I try to remember to have some disposable gloves to wear so my fingers do not get dyed as well.


They are ready for the Easter egg hunt.


And that is what it is all about!



Once Zoey knew what they were she was excited to find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment